Welcome to “Wasen” (Free Boat Ride)
Japanese Traditional Wooden Boat Association
Our association was founded with the assistance of Koto city in 1995. The
purpose of our association is to preserve the "Wasen" Japanese
traditional wooden boats as cultural heritage , and to inherit the rowing
techniques. We are located at Yokojukkengawa Shinsui Park.
Last updated (January 10,2021)
We will suspend our activities again due to the spread of COVID-19 infection.
We will inform you about the resumption.
*Updated schedule (Click here)
- January 10,2021
- The annual safety prayer was canceled and each boat was cleaned with Japanese
- December 8,2020
- After the regular repair of the Japanese boat, We floated the boat on the river.(Click here)
- November 19,2020
- We will suspend our activities again due to the spread of COVID-19 infection.
- October 20,2020
- Second regular maintenance has started .(Click here)
- October 14,2020
- There was an interview with the TV station(NHK) today. It will be broadcast
on NHK BS on November 15th.
- October 14,2020
- The activity was suspended for half a year due to the spread of the new
coronavirus, but it has resumed today.(Click here)
- October 7,2020
- The experience of boarding Japanese boats, which had been suspended for
a long time,will be resumed from October 14th.However , as an infection
prevention measure, you will not be able to experience rowing a boat for
- July 22,2020
- Due to the increase in New coronavirus infections in Tokyo, we postpone
the resumption of activities.
- July 22,2020
- We raised the boat to the workplace with a crane for regular repairs.(Click here)
- July 1,2020
- Our activities will resume from July 26th.
- February 29,2020
- As a measure against the infection of the new coronavirus, We will suspend
the on-board experience for a while.
- February 27,2020
- This year's cherry blossom festival has been canceled and the operation of Japanese boats has also been canceled.
- February 17,2020
- "Welcome TOKYO" has been canceled on April 11 and 12.
- February 15,2020
- Tomorrow, February 16 activities have been canceled due to rainy weather
- January 27,2019
- The schedule for the cherry blossom festival has been decided. The period
is from March 21 to April 5. The boarding place is "Monzen-nakacho".
More details will be announced shortly. (Revised schedule)
- January 4,2019
- The new year has begun and we have prayed for safety.(click here)
- Decemer 22,2019
- This year's activities have ended. Thank you for coming to many passengers
this year. On the last day, a workshop for members was held. The theme
of the workshop was Japanese paddle. (photo1, photo2, phot3 )
- Decemer 8,2019
- Ferry at Mizumoto Park(click here)
- October 3,2019
- Regular repair of 3 boats begins.The two boats paint the bottom with a
special treatment. (click here)
- August 18,2019
- This year' safety training learned various ways to rescue people who fell
off the boat. We learned the latest heart massage method and how to use
AED from fire department staff.(click here)
- August 11,2019
- The heat continues every day. Today, some experiences were discontinued
for measures against heat stroke. Enjoyed by a cycling group in Tokyo and
a group in Taiwan. (Photo1, Photo2,Photo3)
- July 21,2019
- The summer vacation started and experience classes for children started.
Female boatmen are now passing one after another. Would you like to try
- June 12,2019
- The result of the maintenance staff. Challenge to restore a boat that has
been abandoned. (photo1, photo2, photo3, photo4)
- May 12,2019
- A Russian television station came for coverage.There was also a shooting
with a drone. (photo1,photo2)
- April 7,2019
- This year's Cherry Blossom Festival has ended.(Click here)
- March 31,2019
- Soon cherry blossoms will be in full bloom. (Click here)
- March 23-24,2019
- The cherry blossom festival has begun. (Click here)
- March 20,2019
- Today we brought all our Japanese boats to the event site. (Click here)
- March 13,2019
- We prepared for the Sakura Festival this afternoon. In addition,repair of the pier which had been a problem until now is over.You can use it on a beautiful pier.(photo1, photo2)
- March 9,2019
- We cooperated with the events of Mizumoto Park. It was a very large and beautiful park. The park is a place where you are not normally allowed to enter by boat.(Click here)
- February 24,2019
- Please note that from 23rd March until 7th April the boarding location
will change to "Monzen-nakacho" because of the cherry blossom
festival.(Click here for Japanese brochure)
- January 27,2019
- Today We canceled the service around noon due to the strong north wind.
The wid was strong even after the operation was resumed, but the women's
boatman worked hard and rowed the boat. (photo1,photo2)
- January 6,2019
- We celebrated the new year and prayed that we can work safely this year.
There was a demonstration of " Sumo JInku" and a performance
of Japanese drums by elementary school students.(click here)