Welcome to “Wasen” (Free Boat Ride)
Japanese Traditional Wooden Boat Association
Our association was founded with the assistance of Koto city in 1995. The
purpose of our association is to preserve the "Wasen" Japanese
traditional wooden boats as cultural heritage , and to inherit the rowing
techniques. We are located at Yokojukkengawa Shinsui Park.
Last updated (April 7,2021)
Due to the increase in infected peoploe, the activities of the boarding
experience will be suspended for a while.
*Updated schedule (Click here)
- April 7,2021
- We have announced the resumption of activities, but as the number of infected
people is increasing again, we will suspend the boarding of general passengers
for a while.
- March 24,2021
- Today's activity was to clean and maintain the boat without the general
passengers on boad.(Click here)
- March 19,2021
- We are planning to resume the general boarding experience from April 14th.
- March 11,2021
- We will inform you of the schedule from April. However, it will be changed
at anytime depending on the infection status of COVID-19. Please check
the latest information.(Click here)
- January 10,2021
- The annual safety prayer was canceled and each boat was cleaned with Japanese
- December 8,2020
- After the regular repair of the Japanese boat, We floated the boat on the river.(Click here)
- November 19,2020
- We will suspend our activities again due to the spread of COVID-19 infection.
- October 20,2020
- Second regular maintenance has started .(Click here)
- October 14,2020
- There was an interview with the TV station(NHK) today. It will be broadcast
on NHK BS on November 15th.
- October 14,2020
- The activity was suspended for half a year due to the spread of the new
coronavirus, but it has resumed today.(Click here)