Welcome to “Wasen” (Free Boat Ride)
Japanese Traditional Wooden Boat Association
Our association was founded with the assistance of Koto city in 1995. The
purpose of our association is to preserve the "Wasen" Japanese
traditional wooden boats as cultural heritage , and to inherit the rowing
techniques. We are located at Yokojukkengawa Shinsui Park.
Last updated (September 25 ,2018)
The cherry blossom festival has ended. Thank you for boarding many visitors.
We will return to normal activities from April 18th.
- September 25,2018
- Tomorrow" September 26" the boarding was canceled due to rainy
weather forecast. The next plan is October 3.
- September 24,2018
- Our activities were introduced on September 24th on the website of "
Urban life Metro". (click here)
- September 19,2018
- Today,many visitors experienced rowing boats.(Photo) And We cooperated to repair "RO". We rolled the rope tightly
and fixed "RO".(Photo1,Photo2)
- September 5,2018
- The special time during summer vacation has ended. We will return to normal
reception hours from September.(10:00AM-2:15PM)
- August 19,2018
- In this year's safety training,nearby boat help a person falling overboard.(click here)
- July 30,2018
- Notice: On the afternoon of August 19, we have safety training so ordinary
visitors' boarding will be closed at 12:30 reception. Please be careful.
- July 29,2018
- It was a hot summer after the typhoon passed a way. Still a lot of visitors
came and enjoyed the Japanese boat.(photo1, photo2)
- July 24,2018
- Periodic repair is completed in a hot summer. (click here)
- July 23,2018
- Since summer heat is ongoing this summer,please take measures against heat
stroke by themselves.
- July 8,2018
- You can ride a Japanese boat with a sunshade.(click here)
- July 6,2018
- We have changed the description and wording of several pages.
- June 24,2018
- A lot of visitors came by today, sunny from noon.(click here)
- June 6,2018
- Tokyo rainy season. Please note that if the activity day is rain , the
operation of the Japanese boat will be canceled.
- May 30,2018
- Children of nursery school boarded a Japanese boat. (click here)
- May 25,2018
- Regular repair started seriously at the workshop. (click here)
- May 23,2018
- Kindergarten children boarded on Japanese boats. (click here)
- May 21,2018
- Regular repair of the Japanes boat began.(click here)
- April 13,2018
- We went on a Japanese boats to Yokojukkengawa River.(click here)
- April 8,2018
- They were playing the Japanese guitar on the Japanese boat.(click here)
- April 1,2018
- Today's event was bridal boats. And TBS-TV took a picture of the cherry blossoms using a drone. (click here)
- March 31,2018
- Japanese famous singer, Miyuki Kawanaka , got on Japanese boat. (click here)
- March 29,2018
- The cherry blossoms were at their best in full bloom.Today was Special
invitation date.(click here)
- March 14,2018
- There was an interview from Nippon TV. (click here)
- March 25,2018
- The cherry blossom festival began. I think that one week is the best time
to come. ( March24 , March25 )
- March 20,2018
- Today,in the cold rain, We carried 7 Japanese boats to Monzen-nakacho.
The cherry trees of Oyoko River started to bloom a little.
Please come to The Cherry Blossom Festival. (click here)
- February 11,2018
- An amateur painter living in the neighborhood was sketching our Japanese
boat. We were surprised by the precise picture that he painted with imagination.
We will release it on our website with his consent.(photo gallery)
- January 28,2018
- There were certification exams to become a boatman and two peaple passed.Two new rookers will be active at the cherry blossom festival. ( photo)
- January 21,2018
- Today there was an interview from Korean KBS broadcasting station. There
were people in Hong Kong who cooperated in the interview. (photo1 photo2 photo3)
- January 16,2018
- We will inform you that a new annual schedule has been decided. (click here)
- January 4,2018
- We prayed for safe operation this year. And the first rowing by boatman, the performance of Japanese drums by elementary school students, "Sumojinku" was performed. (Photo)
- Our activities at the end of the year are until the morning of December 24th.And our New Year's activities start on January 7th.
- We got a new multipurpose boat.(photo) We will enjoy this small boat.
- It is very nice weather today. So,We tried very hard at practicing handling
Japanese boats. (Photo) We made a kit to attach the Japanese oar to a Western boat and enjyoed
it with everyone. (Photo)
- Up to now, strong winds and heavy rains attacked us with two typhoons, but our ship was safe. From now on our activities can continue. (photo)
- Today,We rebuilt "Hayao"."Hayao" is an important part connecting "Ro" and the hull."Ro" is a turret. (photo1,photo2,photo3)
- Our Wild boar's fang boat is being carefully repaired. The launch schedule
is November 20th. (photo1,photo2,photo3)
- Members cooperated and rebuilt newly because the fender of the bow part
got corroded and dislodged. (photo1,photo2,photo3)
- Periodic repair of the Japanese boat(Wild boar's fang boat:Choki-bune)
for the latter period will begin on September 25 at our workshop. This
repair is very important for us. Through this repair we maintain a traditional
Japanese boat. ＊Wild boar's fang boat : This boat was made by Mr. Douglas Brooks who is an American shipwright in 2003. (Our Boat List)
- The experience of rowing oar Japanese boats for children has ended. They were very good at boat rowing. Many children experienced the boatman during the summer vacation.
- Our activity day will be added from the fourth Sunday from September .
By this, on the second Sunday and the fourth Sunday every month, every
Wednesday becomes the activity day. (Revised edition)
- The mooring place of our ship has become new. When a new facility is completed, we have traditionally done safety prayers and exorcises at shrines.(photo1,photo2)
- Recently,there are an increasing number of visitors from overseas to get
on a Japanese traditional boat.In this interview we are looking forward
to the fact that the staff was boatman with meny questions so we can have
a very good introduction program. (photo)
- We are carrying out safety training every year to improve our skills as
a boatman and to protect the safety of passengers . Therefore, there have
never been any accidents by passengers. However, the boatman occasionally
falls off the ship. It may be training for that.(photo)
- A new anchorage was completed. This is what we completed in cooperation.
Currently, due to the construction of the nearby bridge, the Japanese boat
and the rent boat for a fee are operated separately from the water area.
- School summer vacation begins, summer vacation child experiencing class begins.(July,23-August,27 Every Sunday)
- I participated in the practice of a Japanese ship used in the shrine of
Tomioka Hachimangu Shrine in Yokohama. And I gave a lecture on the Edo
- Our activities have been introduced on NHK BS TV programs.(Shin Nihon Fudoki)
- It is the last day of the cherry blossom festival. (at Monzennakacho)
- We launched our new website.